New York Telephone Company 1896
New York Telephone Co was formed from the merger of several telephone companies in 1896 under the aegis of the American Bell Telephone Company. It continued until becoming NYNEX in 1984.
Single weave pattern with a ring of filled circles. A design that predates the 1928 makeover to the Bell System hexagon covers.
A few covers of the New York Telephone Co have been found in Brooklyn and Queens. This one is in Long Island City on 47th Ave near Vernon Blvd.