An Outlier in Brooklyn
This Department of Street Improvement "Ferris Wheel" sewer cover, cast sometime between 1890 and 1898, somehow made its way from the Bronx (then called the 23rd Ward or the Annexed Territory) to the City (later the borough) of Brooklyn.
This classic design with 8 wheels circling a center wheel is slightly different from others in having a pry hole on the edge that intersects with one of the outer circles.
Can't get any plainer than SEWER
This cover was spotted in the middle of Furman St. near Doughty, in the Fulton Landing section of Brooklyn.